Untitled 24

Hello everyone...

Its been a few days since I posted my last. What has made do it today is my coming across certain words...

It is my first meeting with the (words of) Polish poet Czeslaw Milosz, and I will soon learn the correct pronunciation of the name :)  Well, I read a few poems by him today... and boy oh boy... words can move the heaviest stone, I say. There is something which stirs inside you, reading a word followed by another and then another... till the immovable stone has already moved under its own weight; with the movement, you catch the beat of your heart...

Would like to share with you, one poem by Czeslaw Milosz:


. . .

     
                Love


Love means to learn to look at yourself
The way one looks at distant things
For you are only one thing among many.
And whoever sees that way heals his heart,
Without knowing it from various ills
A bird and a tree say to him: Friend.
Then he wants to use himself and things
So that they stand in the glow of ripeness.
It doesnt matter whether he knows what he serves:
Who serves best doesnt always understand.



 . . .

What amazes me is the beauty with which the poet captures a fleeting paradox in the first and the last couplets. I hope you liked it too. Discovering new words woven in melody is like visiting a new place. A new place you visit to discover people you were searching for. And I know I am doing the same; have been striving to see you...

Its been a few days, since I posted last
Was worth the wait but, I reached a heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The traveller reaches Lisbon

Poem