Today's post has no direct Quotes. I am writing it after being purely inspired by Sonam Dema's image of Thimpu, Bhutan. Here is an image of a rainbow adorning the landscape of the city captured one afternoon by its fortunate witness:
http://sonamdema.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

The beautiful scenery so naturally lets loose words and I wonder if quotes of great men, for instance the so called transcendentalists, start echoing with the 'image' of imagination which inspires the witness to see. It can't be helped. I am reminded of words by Thoreau:

"The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star-dust caught, a segment of rainbow which I have clutched." ~ Walden

"
The true harvest of my daily life....". Priceless words. Thoreau must have been a witness himself to sights like these. I can only imagine. Or go out there and see for myself. But as for now, in the cool shadow of this painting of a picture, I can perhaps, express/write :


The clouds, the sky
Hide a silver lining
Seeing a mountainous joy
My heart started pining...

The colors of this Rainbow
Are one and also many
Where the houses have a glow
Since you painted it in Harmony.

Day and Night, Sun and shade
Breezy branched leaves
Birds nesting under eaves
In the verdurous grass blade.
_ _ _ _ _ ______________________ _ _ _ _ _

Comments

  1. If images inpire such lovely poems, Jasmeet, I will try to keep uploading such images ...so that I get to read your poems.
    Regards, Sonam Dema

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The traveller reaches Lisbon

Poem